Friday, December 17, 2010

Response from Linkedin.com regarding Cover

Though, I can barely draw a straight line, I drew a sketch of what I wanted... a box with, words that said something like "fresh-faced, late thirties / early forties woman" for the top portion of the cover, but I had a scene of four trees in different seasons at the bottom, and the title centered in the middle. I knew what I wanted in my head, but like I said, I'm no artist. The graphic designer from Create Space presented what I envisioned, as well as her vision, using my concept. I liked her idea of the winter scene. I thought it contrasted with the spring scene above beautifully. The winter trees, (or dead trees as a friend of mine says) symbolizes struggle, and the spring scene symbolizes rejuvenation. It wasn't as easy as one, two, three. I had several, maybe five or so revisions. I had to see the cover different ways, until I knew it was right. I'm pleased. Seasons Change. Yes, I like the title too. :-) In the story there are flashbacks of significant moments, but the majority of the story takes place in semi-present day, primarily in the fall and winter. And attitudes, beliefs, and situations are changed within that time.

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it... I can't wait for my book to be printed!!

3 comments:

  1. Jennifer congrats!!! I would love to help you get some exposure by doing a review of your book and putting it on my blog and getting you to do a guest post or something. Let's get you some sales so you can make a living writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennifer it sounds like a great story. I am a fellow writer as well as PR consultant planning to self-publish a novel about a career women's trials searching for love, as well as a job-hunting manual. I hope the book sees success in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laina,

    I can't figure out how to respond to respond to you. Please email me when you get a chance. I need some help marketing. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

    ~ Jennifer

    ReplyDelete