Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sometimes You Just Have To Say…

Are you one of those people who have a conniption if you’re not on time for work?  I am.  No BPT for me.  Can’t be late!  With two minutes until 8:00, I decided to cross lanes to ensure my timeliness.  From the far left lane on Rt. 50, I (carefully) accelerated across three lanes on my right and made a U-turn so I could make the light onto Pleasant Valley, which was supposed to immediately turn green.  Either VDOT changed the signal flow or someone with a traffic light control device changed the dog-gone light to make sure they were on time for work!  Oh, hell no!  This was the longest freaking light known to man.  I made a right and was going to make a U-turn at the next light, even though, the sign stated I couldn’t.  The Uee wasn’t feasible with oncoming traffic approaching in the same direction, so instead I made a left at that light, thinking, I’d just turn around in this parking lot at the corner, which I did.  A truck driver was kind enough to let me in.  Still, I ended up between two diesels and another pulled up on my left side.  I could feel the pulse in my neck when the light turned green.  I couldn’t move.  I was boxed in.  Damn!  I looked at the clock…  8:11.  I tried calling my boss to tell her I’d be late, forgetting that I’d brought my charger because I’d neglected to charge my phone the night before.  My phone was completely dead.  I was mentally depleted.  Tried my best to make it on time.  Every which way, I tried.  If I’d just stayed at the first light, I would not have been late.  Damn VDOT or traffic light changer!!  Can’t win for losing.  That’s when I started laughing.  When I stopped my hysteria, I said to myself, “You know what, Jennifer, sometimes you just have to say, ‘F*ck It!  I’m late.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment