Monday, December 31, 2012

ESL word causes a motha sucka moment

I had a friend over for dinner.  He told me about this nice lady he met at Bukoms in DC.  “She was beautiful - had a nice body just like yours… chubby,” he said.  Now, I assumed because English is not his first language or even his second, he simply chose the wrong adjective.  I'm sure he was looking for "phat", but because I wouldn't know if he was using "ph" or "f", he was still SOL.  Girlfriend may have some meat in all the right places, but I am not chubby.  Therefore, I amiably corrected his enormous mistake by giving him some other choise words to use: thick, healthy, voluminous, sexually stimulating. (smile) But let me tell you, dear friends, had he called another woman chubby, that would definitely be a motha sucka moment.  LOL! ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment