Monday, July 22, 2013

If I'm Lying I'm Flying - Funny Short Story


I barbecued some chuck beef, and my son left three small pieces on his plate because he said it hurt his jaw muscles.  Nah, it was right on point, but I’m not going to make him eat every nook and cranny for “all the starving kids in Africa.”  (You remember J)  So, I gave it to my baby girl.  No, I didn’t up and have a kid that no one knows about.  J  I gave it to my dog… Happy.  Boy, she was licking her snout after every swallow.    

My son started for the living room to play X-box Live, and so I asked if he wanted to sing with me?  

He said, “Not right now.”  Both of us love to sing, and a few days ago, he asked me to help him prepare for the school chorus.  “Maybe later,” he continued.

My dog looked at me and said, “Ruff!  Ruff!  Ruff!  Ruff!”

“Oh, you want to sing with me, Happy,” I said joyfully. 

She said, “Ruff.”

It was as if she knew what I was saying, and so I replied, “Ok.  Let’s sing Old MacDonald.”

She just looked at me and wagged her tail, and as soon as I started to sing, she barked in on beat.

“Ruff.  Ruff.  Ruff.  Ruff.  Ruff.  Ruff.  Ruff.”  J

I said, “Well, I’ll be damn!” and burst out in laughter because my dog was show-enough YouTube material.  She was singing!

If I’m lying I’m flying.

And to top my day off regarding my baby girl, the bitch didn’t piss on my floor. 

God is good.  J

Hey, you’ve got to see all the funny you can in this life. 

Have a great day!  And Share people.  Come on now.  It desn't cost a thing to hit that little button.  And it only takes five minutes to write a comment and make someones day.  Come on now.  Send a link to your Facebook family.  

Help a sista out!  J





No comments:

Post a Comment