Monday, July 22, 2013

Let's go camping - Joke with language

“You know what, let’s go camping.   Do you like to camp?” I asked.
(An unusually long silence.)
“Oh, you’re an uppity Negro,” I said, hoping to one day be an uppity Negro.  
“Uh, no, I just like showers and air-conditioning,” he replied.
“Well, why did you go?”
“I didn’t have a choice.”
“Why didn’t you have a choice?”
“Because I was an ex-change student, and they were taking me on retreat.  They had everything… huge house, cars, lots of space, but for a couple of days they lived like they didn’t have shit.  What kind of holiday is that?  It was nasty and didn’t teach me shit.  If I had known, I would have declined. We were living like Pilgrims, pulling up water from a well.  The mother fuckers took me from the shower to the bucket.  Don’t get me wrong.  I didn’t show any weakness.  I fit in.  I don’t know.   I guess it’s a reality check or some kind of spiritual experience. Uh, camping’s not bad. Maybe I just had a bad experience.”
LOL! J



No comments:

Post a Comment